We can’t wait to see you at Thornton Hall Events, but before you arrive please read the information below
About Thornton Hall Christmas Drive In Movies
Christmas Drive in Movies are located at Thornton Hall Country Park, set in 160 acres of idyllic countryside, right on the Yorkshire / Lancashire border, making it the perfect setting to spend time with family and friends.
Our full address is
Thornton Hall Country Park, Thornton-in-Craven, North Yorkshire, BD23 3TS
Please arrive 15 minutes before your event start time.
On Site Safety Information
1) Once you arrive on site, you are only permitted to leave your vehicle to use your dedicated PLOT SPACE at the side of your vehicle and if you require the toilet or for any emergency (we have on-site toilets that are sanitised and cleaned across the event).
2) Please take instructions from event staff at all times. Once you arrive and have scanned your ticket, you will be directed to your park location.
3) We recommend a maximum of 2 per car for optimum viewing, although up to 6 are permitted. Extra people can be added but no more than the maximum vehicle capacity.
4) Please read the on site safety guidelines when entering the venue. Management and event organisers have the right to refuse entry to anyone not following the site rules and safety guidelines.
5) Some events have age restrictions, please check before purchasing as we cannot offer refunds under any circumstances.
6) Visitors are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages of any type or drugs onto site. Car searches will be taking place and anyone found to be in possession of the above will be asked to leave without a refund.
7) It is not permitted to honk horns on site at any time, Management reserve the right to refuse entry if found to be honking vehicle horns.
On Site Beverages
Food and drink will be on-sale when you arrive and throughout the showing. When you arrive you will be given information about our DIRECT TO CAR delivery service
Terms and Conditions
COVID-19 – We are continually reviewing the government information on the COVID-19 pandemic. At this stage, the advice states that our events will be able to take place. In the event this event cannot take place, you can book in confidence that you are covered by a ticket transfer to a new drive in date.
Refunds – refunds are not permitted. In case our event cannot go ahead (due to reasons beyond our control) your ticket will be transferred to a future drive in movie.
All purchases are final, we unfortunately cannot offer refunds on ticket purchases. If you do not wish to attend, you are more than welcome to sell your E TICKET to someone else.
How do I hear the audio being played from the event or screen?
Audio for all events and drive-in movies will be played via an audio connection box. This can be connected in your car via the AUX port on your car radio. Do not worry if you do not have one of these, we will provide you with a SMART speaker to pop in your car for optimum audio.
Will I be able to see the screen?
Yes of course, we stagger vehicles so everyone has a clear view of the stage or big screen (passengers in the back of the vehicle may have restricted viewing due to front passenger seats)
Will I be able to EXIT if there is an emergency?
We park all vehicles with plenty of space to exit if they are required to. Once you exit, you can not return to the same showing.
Are toilets available?
Yes on site toilets are available, including disabled toilets and we will make sure they are cleaned regularly and hand wash is always available
Are these events socially distance events and safe to attend?
Yes we believe so, by staying in your own personal car and only leave when you absolutely need to, eg to attend the toilet, we believe that you are in a socially distant environment
What is the postcode and what time should I arrive?
Our postcode is BD23 3TS. Please only arrive 20 minutes before the event showing, no earlier as this could create a traffic jam with cars exiting the previous showing
Is food and drink available to purchase on site?
Yes of course. All available via our delivery system delivered directly to your car
Is there a height limit on permitted vehicles?
No, but please be aware that any vehicle that is higher than 1.6 cannot be placed in the first 2 rows. Any car higher than 2m meters maybe asked to head towards the back of the theatre so viewing for other guests is not restricted
Can I attend on a bike or motorcycle?
Yes of course.